Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Should have used a Resurrection instead

So stop the party! The health care bill still isn't in the clear!

So I've been brushing up on my post-war presidents for May. Not that you actually care about it, but it means I have grown some respect for the Republican party, at least as they were at mid-century when they weren't passing bills declaring communists and homosexuals to be second-class people. But I guess I can't blame them, really, everyone hated communists and homosexuals for understandable reasons and at least they were branching out from the usual butt-monkeys; women, black people, and the poor. But really, Eisenhower was a pretty great president.

Which makes modern day Republicans look to azsholes what azsholes are to normal people. Seriously;

Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana -- herself the target of scrutiny for securing a so-called "sweetheart deal" for her state -- blasted McCain's amendment as purely political, the Hill reports. She reportedly called the amendment "for television or the Internet... not for any serious debate."

"It is beneath the senator from Arizona, who at one time was a candidate for president of this country," Landrieu said. "Normally the only time I see the word 'sweetheart' is when my husband sends me a dozen roses on Valentine's Day... To actually draft an amendment like this that uses the words 'sweetheart deal' is really an insult to the people of our country, and I would expect more from him."

That was a reference to the republican stalling tactics used on the reconciliation bill that needs to be passed to appease and fix all the problems with the original manuscript.

Although i feel there are legitimate reasons to oppose the health care bill, I have not heard any of them from the Republicans. I'm sure there are some competent Republicans out there, otherwise I'd just move to Australia and put up with their silly hats and exorbitant video-game tariffs, so in the name of hope I believe that the media must assume that smart people don't sell news as much as strawmen.

Although this just in: abortion and stuff: with the bill released, states will have the ability to ban policies that subsidies abortion from their transactions. Amendments are currently being proposed by conservative democrats to ban abortion from the exchanges altogether. In short, this bill promises to seriously erode all reproductive rights gains made in the past century.

I don't really know much about the abortion debate but some people I sometimes pretend to respect care very much about it, and with the passage of this bill they are all totally fu- screwed, and forced to conceive any cross-eyed bastard result of the ungodly union and contribute to the enormous messed-up child rate. In my outsider point of view, I view this setback as worth a society a bit closer to Utopia, but that makes me comparable to the Nazis, so I should feel a bit offended that such discrimination has infiltrated such a necessary bill.

(And if you're nerdy enough to get the title, I congratulate you for being bored enough to actually read this blog)


Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20001018-503544.html

No comments:

Post a Comment